- Dave Britain (Essex University) on recent developments in variation and change
- Deborah Cameron (Rupert Murdoch Professor of Language and Communication at Worcester College, Oxford University) on "The Myth of Mars and Venus"
- Dick Hudson (UCL) on teaching grammar
- David Hyatt (Sheffield University) on critical discourse analysis
- Kerry Maxwell (lexicographer for MacMillan English Dictionaries and author of From Al Desko To Zorbing and Brave New Words) on new words
- Jane Setter (Reading University) on world Englishes
- Tony Thorne (Kings College London) on youth slang
- Graeme Trousdale (Edinburgh University) on grammatical variation and change
- Kevin Watson (Lancaster University) on accent change
We're also working on confirming a number of A Level examiners to run workshops with a focus on helping teachers cover the topics on the new A Level specifications. We'll have more details of this part of the course in weeks to come.